- The Dormition fast begins on Friday, August 1st. Please consult your calendar for fasting guidelines.
- Next week (August 2nd), we will begin our Saturday evening Vespers services in Cranbrook. The tentative time for Great Vespers is 6:00 p.m., subject to adjustment as we continue.
- We will also be starting a regular Vespers during the week in Creston, beginning in September. The tentative day and time is currently Tuesday at 7:00 p.m., also subject to adjustment.
- Beginning in September, we will have a study to follow the Vespers services, both in Creston and Cranbrook. Please offer your suggestions for topics to Fr. Richard.
- The community camping trip will take place on August 12-14. Currently, four sites have been booked. If you would like to participate, there are still opportunities to share a booked site. Speak to Fr. Richard if you are interested. We will review the schedule for the event closer to the time.
- Archbishop SERAPHIM will be visiting our community for the first time on August 30-31. During lunch hour, we will be discussing this visit and the events surrounding it. Please set aside this time on your calendar for this important occasion.
- The mission board will meet next week (August 2nd).
- August 5th is the feast of the Transfiguration. We will hold a Vespers in Creston on Tuesday, August 5th at 7:00 p.m. Place to be announced. We will celebrate a festal divine liturgy on Wednesday, August 6th at 9:00 a.m. in Cranbrook. Plan to attend if you are able.
- The revised web site is now up and running in its basic form. Please visit www.saintaidan.ca. Our web site is one important way through which people learn about our community. Fr.Richard and Darin welcome any comments concerning the content or appearance of the site.
- The youth of Saint Peter the Aleut Church in Calgary will be camping in the area this coming weekend (August 1-3). Any Saint Aidan's youth who are interested are invited to join them for this event. Please speak to Ellen for more information.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
at 9:51 AM