Tuesday, November 18, 2008
1. A reminder of our regular services:
Daily Matins at 9:00 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Vespers and Study in Creston on Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.
Reader's Vespers in Creston on Saturday evenings at 7:00 p.m.
Great Vespers and Study in Cranbrook on Saturday evenings at 6:00 p.m.
2. Special services this week:
A Vespers for the Feast of the Entrance of the Theotokos into the Temple will take place in Creston on Thursday, November 20th
at 6:30 p.m. Note: this Vespers will replace our usual Vespers on Tuesday.
Festal Liturgy for the Feast of the Entrance will take place on Friday morning, at 9:00 a.m.
3. The Advent fast is an ideal time to come for confession. Please schedule a confession with Fr. Richard. If you go to confession with
another priest, please inform Fr. Richard of this. If you need some help preparing for confession, please see Fr. Richard. Preparation
sheets are available downstairs.
4. A big thanks to all who participated in our community bottle drive yesterday. We are also especially grateful to all those who
contributed in various ways to our two fund raisers this fall. Through God's grace and your efforts, we were able to raise
approximately $950 towards the cost of our church temple repairs and Church school.
6. A celebration of St. Nicholas Day for the children of our community on Saturday, December 6th. If you are interested in helping
with this event, please speak to Presbytera Jaime.
7. Fr. Richard is encouraging members of Saint Aidan's to pick the name of another family in the community, to pray especially for that
family on a daily basis, and to consider ways to make social contact with that family during the week, outside of Sunday fellowship.
If you have not had the opportunity to select a family, please contact Fr. Richard, and he will pick a name (randomly) for you.
Makayla (2 year old recovering from Leukemia)
Jim (in distress)
Karen (in distress)
Frieda (seriously ill)
Katie (sudden stroke)
Shawna (in distress)
Julie (in hospital)
at 7:34 AM