Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1. A reminder of our regular services:
Daily Matins at 9:00 a.m., Monday through Friday.
Vespers and Study in Creston on Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.
Reader's Vespers in Creston on Saturday evenings at 7:00 p.m.
Great Vespers and Study in Cranbrook on Saturday evenings at 6:00 p.m.
2. Our annual general meeting, will take place on Sunday, November 16th. Please keep in mind the following information.
a) Only Members of Saint Aidan's may vote in the meeting, though we do appreciate hearing the voices of all of the friends of Saint
Aidan's. Membership of Saint Aidan's is indicated formally on the Stewardship forms. If you would like to be a member, but have
not filled out one of the forms, please see Fr. Richard or Ellen.
b) It is our practice not to take items for the meeting from the floor at the time of the meeting, but rather, to include all items ahead of
time on the agenda. If there is an item you would like discussed at the annual meeting, please let any person on the mission
board (Fr. Richard, Darin, Ellen or Jessie) know.
c) An agenda and draft budget will be available for your consideration prior to the meeting.
Please mark down this important event on your calendar and plan to attend if at all able.
3. We will be conducting a bottle drive to raise funds for the Saint Aidan's church school and building renovation on Saturday, November 15th.
Please let Darin know if you are interested in volunteering the use of a vehicle, collecting or helping to sort bottles.
4. By popular request, we are planning a celebration of St. Nicholas Day for the children of our community on Saturday, December 6th.
Suggested activities are: akathist for Saint Nicholas, food bank drive, lunch, cookie decoration, visit from Saint Nicholas with his life
story and shoes filled with gifts. If you are interested in helping with this event, please speak to Presbytera Jaime.
5. A new phone directory is available downstairs. Note the section for special days (by month) at the back. Please use the directory as
a part of your intercessory prayers for the community.
6. If you have any receipts for donations in kind to Saint Aidan's (anything you purchased for the Church that you would like to donate),
please submit your receipts to Ellen as soon as possible, so that we can evolve an accurate budget.
Makayla (2 year old recovering from Leukemia)
Jim (in distress)
Karen (in distress)
Frieda (seriously ill)
Katie (sudden stroke)
Shawna (in distress)
Julie (in hospital)
at 7:29 AM