- Feast of the Meeting: Vespers, Sunday Feb. 1, 1:00 p.m.
- Festal Divine Liturgy, Feb. 2, 9:00 a.m.
and incense. Please bring any items you would like blessed to the divine liturgy,
or else to Church on Sunday.
- Forgiveness Sunday: Forgiveness Vespers, March 1, 1:00 p.m.
- PreSanctified Liturgy: 6:00 p.m. every Wednesday in Lent (beginning March 4)
- Please consider how you can set aside the extra time to attend these services.
- Lent is fast approaching (pun intended)! Now would be the time to begin planning a Lenten menu for your household. Remember, the Lenten fast means abstinence from meat, fish, and dairy, as well as regular consumption of alcohol during the week.
- Due to the extra services, our study will be suspended during the period of Lent, beginning March 3rd. It is hoped that we can continue to hold a service in Creston during Lent. Discussion will be forthcoming on this matter.
- Finally, Lent is a time to engage in additional personal prayer, works of charitable service (public giving of time, talent and treasure), as well as almsgiving (secret giving known only to the giver and the recepient). In the next few weeks, please give some thought to how you will respond in particular to the Lenten challenge of the Church, in consultation with Fr. Richard. As Lenten reading, Fr. Richard is recommending Fr. Alexander Schmemann's book Great Lent and Jean-Pierre De Caussade's book Abandonment to Divine Providence.
- The annual pan-Orthodox women's retreat will take place September 18-20. Please set aside this time to attend if you are able. More details will follow.
- Other important dates to set aside for reduced commitments: April 13-19 (Holy Week and Pascha), the morning of April 20th (Bright Monday liturgy)
If you need a ride to church please contact Darin at 489-2410
Julie (recovering from illness)
Diana, Tania (travelling)