Forgiveness Sunday Vespers, March 1 @ 1:00 p.m.
PreSanctified Liturgy @ 6:00 p.m. every Wednesday in Lent (beginning March 4)
Please consider how you can set aside the extra time to attend these services.
- With Lent fast approaching, now would be the time to begin planning a Lenten menu for your household. Remember, the Lenten fast means abstinence from meat, fish, and dairy, as well as regular consumption of alcohol during the week.
- Due to the extra services, our church school and adult study will be suspended during the period of Lent, beginning March 3rd. It is hoped that we can continue to hold a service in Creston during Lent, e.g. Akathist Hymn to the Theotokos on Fridays. Your thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.
- Other than the special services listed above, please set aside the following dates on your calendar as important: April 13-19th (Holy Week and Pascha).
- Lent is a time for confessions. Please consider scheduling an early confession and beat the Holy Week rush!
- Finally, Lent is a time to engage in additional personal prayer, works of charitable service (public giving of time, talent and treasure), as well as almsgiving (secret giving known only to the giver and the recepient). In the next few weeks, please give some thought to how you will respond in particular to the Lenten challenge of the Church, in consultation with Fr. Richard.
- Please take some time to subscribe for email updates from our web site. The process is simple: go to our web site (www.saintaidan.ca) and in the box labelled "Get Email Updates," enter your email address. That's it! Every time the site is updated, you will receive an update reminder, including articles, announcements, and calendar items.
Julie (recovering from illness)
Diana, Tania (travelling)